FilMYExperience
Saturday, June 11, 2005
 
Gowramma
Last saturday I had been to collect my bike from the Honda service centre and there it was getting longer than expected. My friend called me over to MG and I told him that I will be there in 15min but at the service centre it was taking longer than expected. As usual he started pinging me and then he call saying he has taken tickets for the film Gowramma.

I went over to Sagar theatre where he was waiting with his friend out there. I parked my serviced bike near by to avoid the traffic. They were standing near the theatre waiting for me and the other guy cursed me for coming. He had bet with the other guy saying that I wouldnt come and he had lost it. We had some chats and went to watch the movie. The actor was upendra and I was expecting really worst kind of jokes and dialogs but it was a different kind of movie.

The movie starts with an engagement party and our hero Upendra enters. He is one of the useless guys who jabbers and good for nothing but good at heart. The girl (heroine)gets engaged with some guy who is from America. In the mean while the hero is summoned by the heroine's dad tells him that he would get him a job at his friends place. There are various comedy instances in it which makes the film a bit interesting but the humor didnt come so effective at all. All these instances make the heroine get interested in the hero and she falls in love with him. Later this is found by the hero and he leaves the house. But unfortunately his dads friend comes and convinces him saying that for whatever reason it may be dont leave us go.

So he continues to stay and their love continues. This story gets very slow in the second half and I got up and came home. It was really boring for both of my friends.
I thing kannada movies have to be much more innovative in themes and jokes so that people could laugh and enjoy them. Anyway when I came home I found that my bike had a broken mud guard. But still saturday was really enjoyable.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger